Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Characteristics of Happy Persons--see if you pass the test :-)

Is happiness inborn or acquired?No use going into these speculations.Instead just think of the happiest person you ever saw and what s/he was like.Here are some pearls of wisdom coming from my own experience.

Happy persons are mostly nice,warm individuals--with a pleasant smile.They are gregarious and outgoing ; and bond well with others.They share their thoughts and emotions with friends and family--they are not uptight.

That is not all ; they are kind,considerate,helpful and cooperative too.They will not hurt or ignore you willfully.Being honest themselves,they also have faith in others ; not at all the suspicious kind.They are amiable and adjusting--do not hold grudges.They give respect and are accorded respect in return.

They take out time for recreation and relaxation.Since they are happy in their skin,they have no need for others' approval.Thus there is no compulsion to ape someone or fit into a given slot;nor is there any room for jealousy.

They have this ability to see the positive in any given situation or person.Their mind is filled with gratitude.They are not given to cribbing or complaining.They are not very analytical. Certainly not consumed with existential issues.They generally live one day at a time and they don't sweat the small stuff.

You could arraign them for not planning for their future or being shallow but the fact remains that they lead a happy life;which is significant enough to push other factors to the background.

We might have a tough time searching for someone imbued with all these qualities but this can serve as a guideline to help us climb step by step to that state of bliss and joy!

You are welcome to add any other quality which I have missed.

32 comments :

  1. I have passed the test Induji ---- ---honest ----this is one Happy person you will ever meet :) I am one of those who doesn't believe in others approval and this is very important ----because one should have faith in his convictions ----nateeja jo bhi hoga face karenge because its my own decision ---and this actually is the reason why there is no room for jealousy ---it is a very round about connection but people who don't worry over other peoples reaction also don't worry over other peoples achievements ---hum apne ghar me khush --woh apne ghar mein

    thanks all over again
    love
    rajni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you certainly ARE that happy person but how to meet? :(
      Truly your funda is tailor-made for a satisfying life.
      Kudos to you and lots of love.

      Delete
  2. I see I have been beaten to it here. Seeking approval from others is the one thing that I had to lose in order to be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Suresh you have not been beaten,you were in my mind while i was writing this one.Many will recognize you.

      Delete
  3. I need to work on a few traits , I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and coming back to give a feedback.
      Good Night!

      Delete
  4. I am happy to be a happy person. It is true, I cannot remain gloomy or depressed for long. My kids cannot stand me (I think nobody else can too :) when I am upset over somethings. But I have to agree, though I plan for the future and all eventualities, I know I don;t like to go deep into the difficult parts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are a happy person.As as far as going into the difficult parts is concerned,it is better that way because very often we worry in vain while the problem gets solved with the passage of time.

      Delete
  5. Live life one day at a time...definitely the secret behind the happy people...Trying to get there...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaishree thanks for reading-get there soon
      Love n hugs.

      Delete
  6. I am a happy person though I do seek validation from those close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when we say characteristics of happy person,its like showing happiness as professionalism.its like 10 commandments to become successful.we don't define things that are of natural instinct,if we define,it becomes superficial coz we try to do things that we are not.happiness is inborn and acquired coz it comes with parenting or environment you are brought up.

    to keep things simple,happiness is flawless mind and living life naturally human.am the same 2yr old kid ,i din't change over years.my mind din't deviate to live by any means.so characteristics of happiness can't be defined in few lines coz a person mind is larger than universe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am .. but then maybe because I am a emotional person and THINK from my HEART rather than the other way round , the happiness does not stay long .. as little things get to me .. BUT I am trying to get over it alll ..

    hopefully one day .. Will Think from MIND :) sooon

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikram you have reminded me of one thing i wanted to include but forgot to,i will edit it now--don't sweat the small stuff.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Aunty, I am the happiest person on earth, in that case :) Hey wait, I do take approvals from people I care :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again sound advise, Indu. But easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the ability to see and feel positive in any situation is the sure shot sign of a happy person! liked the post a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ankita seeing the positive even in a so,so development sure helps us to be happy.Thank you for this.

      Delete
  12. The happy ones don't revel in their miseries and don't take too long to bounce back when faced with adversities :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Purba--self pity is a terrible thing it does not allow us to bounce back.
      Thanks for reading n commenting.

      Delete
  13. Hello Indu Ji,
    I have passed the Happiness test :) I will also add one more point, that those who are happy find their happiness in small things like watching a Sunrise which fills them with joy and wonder at the work of God :)
    And thank you so much for your birthday blessings, I would also like to wish your hubby a very Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this addition-it is very relevant.
      And thanks for the greetings too.
      Btw what happened to my comment-was it in spam-or something i omitted?

      Delete
  14. Interesting article on happy personality.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list, Induji :)
    Happy to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading.Do,give your feedback.